Friday, August 14, 2015

My Nose Piercing Experience

Today was a good day.  Some might not see it that way, but it was a good day.  The reason I say that some might not find it to be a good day, is because I had a major meltdown in the car today.  Babe and I had lunch at this great vegan restaurant called The Spiral Diner.  Afterwards, we got back in the car, and I just lost it.  I don't think he's seen me cry this hard in a long time.  But he was so sweet, just held my hand and sat there with me.  I feel kind of bad, because I was afraid he wanted to get out of there, and I was just in the car sobbing like crazy.
Anyway, I decided I was okay enough to get my nose pierced.  So we headed to Epic Tattoos, where we met up with Mitzy, my piercer.  She was so cool and was really patient with my scared ass.  I was expecting to have some huge post detailing everything that happened, but...it really was easy as pie.  She had me lie down on the table, and I grabbed my boyfriend's hand while he sat next to me.  He was such a trooper.  I had his hand in a death grip because, I'll be honest, I was scared shitless of what was to happen.  I mean, the thought of a needle being shoved in one end and out the other...YIKES!  But, she had me lie down, and she basically just told me to inhale, and then deeply exhale.  When I exhaled, that was when she shoved the needle through.  It hurt for a split second when the needle first broke the skin.  But it wasn't until maybe 10-15 or so minutes later that it started hurting.  It was kind of funny, I had my eyes shut tight even for a little while after the stud was placed in my nostril.  Mitzy was like, "Yeah, you're done!" LOL.  I kind of felt like a jackass, but I didn't want to risk looking at a large needle stuck in my nostril, haha.  Anyway, the experience really was quite uneventful.  I was REALLY glad that my boyfriend was with me, though.  And I'm so glad he likes the piercing!  I love it, too.  I'm going to take better care of this piercing, and I won't let it close up like I let the last one.
So, tomorrow, depending on how both of us are feeling, is the Kirtan.  My FIRST Kirtan experience!  I'm actually excited about it.  Nervous, but excited.  So I guess I had better get some sleep so that I'm well-rested for tomorrow should we decide we're both well enough to go.  I'm hoping we get together a little earlier before the Kirtan, to spend time together and maybe go to lunch.  We'll see how it works out in the morning.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment