Friday, August 14, 2015

Super-Excited!

I really am excited for today.  It looks to be a fun, exciting weekend, and I am damned psyched for it!  My boyfriend and I are going to be getting together after he's done with his weekly Friday client (well, mostly weekly, anyway).  We're going to head over to Fort Worth, where we will have lunch at one of our favorite places, the Spiral Diner.  It's a REALLY good vegan restaurant.  I was actually surprised when I ate there for the first time with my guy.  I was expecting to not really care for it, because I've honestly never had a good experienced with vegetarian/vegan food previously.  But, the "V"LT sandwich I had was quite delicious!  They overdid it with the spices a little, but it really was good!  Anyway, we're going back there today, and I already know what I want to get!
Afterwards, we're going to go to Epic Tattoos, where I'm going to FINALLY get my nose re-pierced.  I used to have a nose piercing a few years ago, but it closed up after I got fed up trying to put a screw in.  I HATE nose screws.  They are secure, yes.  But they are the most obnoxious things in the world to try to put in.  I think I may stick with nose bones or those U-shaped studs.  Those seem much easier to deal with.  Anyway, I'm so excited to get it done again.  A little scared, though.  The last time I got it done, I passed out, for a couple of reasons.
1) I hadn't eaten anything, and so I was already pretty light-headed.
and
2) I had the worst adrenaline shock.  I didn't bleed, but it was such a rush that I just kind of...blacked out.  Luckily, the piercer had some cookies and water ready for me.  That was awesomely nice of her!
So, THIS time, I'm going to have learned my lesson.  I'll have plenty of food in my stomach, and I'll be well-hydrated.  Yep.
So, after that, we might go a couple of places, but we'll most likely head home and watch movies for the rest of the day.  I love just laying in bed with him and watching TV or movies.  That's something I love about my honey.  We can literally do anything together and it's always a great time.
Saturday is going to be loads of fun, too!  At 6 PM, there is going to be a Kirtan at Klyde Warren Park.  For those who don't know, a Kirtan is a Hare Krishna celebration where people gather to sing, dance, play instruments...  All to worship Krishna.  I have never been to a Kirtan before, and I'll admit I'm a little nervous about it.  Mostly, I'm scared of embarrassing my boyfriend, who is pretty well-known in his temple for his work as a physician as well as his teaching of Ayurveda in the community.  I REALLY don't want to embarrass him, although he has told me multiple times I could never embarrass him.  But, I think an outdoor Kirtan would be a good way to get introduced to the celebration.  It will probably be more casual, and since it's in a large park, I can find a more secluded spot to hide out on, so that I can sit back and let my honey do his thing if I get a little anxious.
That's the thing about having anxiety.  I have to know how to accommodate myself in various situations.  Some events are easier to accommodate myself than others.  I think this Kirtan will be easy to find some sort of accommodation, since I can just find an empty spot in the park to hide out and watch from afar if need-be.  I'm just excited to be doing something involving my guy's religion, something that is very important to him.  I have been trying to immerse myself in it and trying to learn all I can and show a genuine interest in Hare Krishna.
Well, I think I'm going to get out for a little bit, hit up Toys R Us to see if they got in Maud Pie yet.  I've been wanting to get my hands on her for a couple of months.  Later, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment